Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Nork Dedog /bonehead

The ogre hunter struck me a long time ago as being perfect for an ogryn conversion, and here is the beginning. Simple arm swap, and addition of a commissar's hat. Fairly nervous about doing the hat - but the trick I've found is to break the hat down into minimal stages. So I started by clipping off the hair and bone so I had a fairly even surface. I then added a simple hat shape, and let that dry.
The I added the peak at the top front of the hat, to give it its shape.
Then, I added the brim, which was the trickiest part. I made it roughly the right shape before putting the piece on and gently smoothing it onto thefront of the hat.
Then I added the thin roll of cording over the top of the brim, and lastly - when everything else was dry, I added the aquilla, which was fairly simple. I put the wings in first, and then a small ball for the skull went over the top.




Cant decide what to do with him now. Either Nork Dedog, or a bone head, or an inquisitorial retinue member.

No comments: