Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The 10th Crusade: The Return of Edmund FitzLacey, The Black Prince

Now, my army for the Hong Kong GT this May was going to be a dogs of war army based on the survivors of Bohsenfels...but thanks to GW Dogs of War have been taken off the list of tournament legal armies. A problem? Not at all. Opportunity! Time to re-paint my Bretonnian army, and to paint up Edmund FitzLacey, The Black Prince as he moves from young errant at the time of the Albion Campaign to grizzled veteran.

The Theme
The Tenth Crusade...... a blind cobbler's son has had a vision of a holy grail, leading to a massed movement of monks and peasants, led by the half-mad Abbot Franklin. As they plunge into the wilds, companies of knights come to their aid, led by Edmund FitzLacy, The Black Prince.

The Concept
Brets were my first army, way back when they were just a White Dwarf list. I revamped them for the Albion Campaign, and have been alternating between them and my dogs of war ever since. I'd gone for a grungy look first time round, trying to play down their bright and ponsy look, but this time I'm going to try and combine that colour and pageantry with a dirty and travel-stained look.

I have a few figures already painted upto a decent standard: mainly the skirmishing archers. So with the Hong Kong GT set for the second weekend in May, I've lots of painting to get done.

No comments: