Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cart and horse

I painted all the bits seperately, and spent quite a bit of time on the base of the thing. I also had a first go round with weathering powder, and used a couple of rust powders on the sword fragments on the base. I'm going to leave all the flock etc once I have put the cart and horse on:


I had to get the horse at the right level for the cart to balance: and drilled a couple of holes into the base, and slid him in. Meanwhile, I used a little bit of green stuff - to be painted up later - to make sure all his feet were touching the ground:



Then I used the rest of the greenstuff to raise the end of the cart to the right level, and stuck the wheels of the cart in place. Rather than drilling these before hand I thought I'd stick them in place and then drill up from the bottom into the cart wheels and glue them in place again.




I'm still not entirely sure what I'm going to put onto the cart: the basic options are a load of reliquary items and chests, and candles and the like, or the grail knight balanced on the barrels. Opinions appreciated!

No comments: