Monday, April 21, 2008

archers WIP

OK: archers work in progress. I'm chosing purple and white as my army colours, as this goes nicely with the palatinate theme of the monks. More of them soon...

Here are some of the archers in progress. I had a lot of fun extreme highlighting the leather, starting with a bestial brown and black, washed over with chestnut and dark angel green ink, then highlighted up through snakebite leather, snakebit and yellow, kommando khaki and then thin highlights of elf flesh and white.

I then glazed them with thinned flesh wash, and retouched the highlights.

The white has been fairly straighforward, and now needs the white to be touched up again. I'll wait and see how the purple turns out to see if i need to dull the leather down a little with another glaze.




No comments: